Customer Happiness Team
Customer Happiness Team
We’re excited you think we can create greatness together! Let’s get to know each other a bit more and see if we’re truly a good fit.
Why in the world does Kuya exist?
As a collective nation, we are getting sicker. Conventional medical models are failing and we are now seeing mental health epidemics with Anxiety Disorders and Depression. As a result, we have a population that is largely suffering with health, relationships, happiness and purpose.
We’re desperate for something new. And we deserve it.
On top of our mental health crisis and for many reasons it seems we are a culture devoid of healthy, resilient communities. We are isolated, diffuse, polarized, and, in many instances, lost. People are longing for the sense of belonging. We are designed to organize around sacred aims, share values, bear our hearts, work together.
People are hungry for community.
We believe there are better philosophies and better models for healing than what is generally being offered. We believe in transformation. We believe in our ability to come together; form sacred circles; work in the way of council; laugh, work, play together. We believe in our ability to architect systems that promote resilient community. We believe that together we can do more good.
We desire to make change in ways that are good and right for the world.
Please review our website (kuya.life) to familiarize yourself with our frequency and philosophies.
If you feel Kuya’s vibration align with yours, please read on. If not, no worries, we lovingly support your search continuing elsewhere in all the ways that are best for you.
Meet the team you’ll be joining…
Kuya is an assembly of humans that care about Humanity’s future. We are visionaries, healers, big thinkers, and action-takers. Our team is filled with passionate hearts, fired up to do good in this world. We believe change can happen. We believe we can achieve the unimaginable. And our faith lies deeply in the shared intentions of healing, building healthy community and restoring regenerative culture globally.
We're looking for people that are innately creative, that have imaginations and that can solve problems. It doesn't matter if you're a socialite or a bit nerdy, if you can have fun and get shit done, we like you.
On the other hand, if your resume says anything about your ability to multitask, we’re likely not a good fit and we wish you the best with your next opportunity.
What do you think? If for any reason this doesn’t resonate with you, then please let’s do a high five and part ways here. If you’re a “heck yes,” read on…
We are looking to grow our Customer Happiness Team for Kuya’s first facility in Austin, TX.
* Generally you will be responsible for ensuring that our customers are having a good experience and flowing through the facility well.
- Ensuring everyone that walks in the door feels welcomed
- Maintaining a fun, friendly, happy environment
- Conversing with the community
- Being on time and not missing shifts
- Learning and effectively using our client management software and point of sale: creating accounts and memberships, taking credit cards for payment, capturing all necessary intakes and agreements, scheduling appointments
- Educating and enforcing community commitments and facility rules
- Preparing and serving ayurvedic beverages at the Tea & Tonic Bar
- Answering the phone at our front desk
- Retail store responsibilities -- sales, receiving inventory, restocking shelves
- Managing client experience of therapeutics: scheduling and preparing session & learning how to operate equipment - float, sauna and cold plunge
- Preparing float sessions: escorting clients to locker room, float lounge, and float room, cleaning float tanks, monitoring levels, adding salt and water as needed
- Keeping towels and robes folded and stocked in locker rooms. May include doing laundry.
- Maintaining a clean facility: cleaning float rooms, mopping up wet floors, etc.
- You have experience with customer service
- You are detail-oriented and organized
- You are mission driven
- You are a first-rate communicator
- You are outgoing, friendly, and truly enjoy meeting new people
- General computer skills - are competent in basic operational softwares like gmail, google calendar, slack, etc.
- Highly effective communicator.
- Social. Friendly and outgoing. You feel very comfortable meeting and conversing with new people.
- Health and wellness. You know a bit about maintaining a healthy lifestyle and feel comfortable talking to others on this topic.
- Eager / willing to learn. You’ll need to be educated on all of our offerings so that you can clearly communicate to our clients and provide answers to their questions.
Compensation – $25 /hour
Employment Type – 20-40 hours per week depending on various factors. On location.
If you’re the right person…
- You’re fired up about doing good in the world, being part of the human healing project and committed to the betterment of our culture.
- You love being around people, learning about their stories and seeing the uniqueness in individuals.
- You don’t get stressed out easily.
- When you see something that needs to get done, you jump on it, apply yourself and do what you can quickly to get it across the finish line.
- You are comfortable communicating your thoughts, feelings, emotions.
- You like to have fun and know how to lighten a room.
- Smiling comes easily and naturally.
- You know intimately what it feels like to be a generative and harmonious member of a team / community.
- You believe our healthcare system needs change.
Results: You know you are crushing it at this job if within the first year...
- Still enjoy coming to work every day.
- The Kuya community has commented on your friendliness and effectiveness at creating an enjoyable, memorable experience.
- You have referred 60 new clients, 30 of which hold memberships
- You have faced a challenging or uncomfortable situation, made yourself available to be supported by the team, learned about yourself and now you feel like a better human, co-worker, and/or community member.
If you're fired up and this is absolutely you, please fill out the application here.