Effective Date: July 1, 2021
Your Health and Medical Data
Personal Information We Collect
Depending on how you use our services, we may collect the following categories of information from you:
- Identity data – This is information that helps us identify you, such as your name, date of birth and gender.
- Wellness data – This is information pertaining to your wellness, including information you share about your wellness goals and reasons for contacting Kuya.
- Transaction data – This is information about your transactions with us, such as your enrollment in an educational course or purchase of products through the website. We use a third party to process your payments, so we do not collect or store your payment card information.
- Technical data – This is information about the device you use to access our services, such as your device’s IP address, browser type, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our services.
- Usage data – This is information about how you use the website and services, including the pages you visit and the last time you logged in.
- Professional data – This is information that you might submit if you apply for a job or an internship through our website.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Create an account for you and manage the services you request;
- Respond to your requests and questions;
- Process your transactions, such as your purchases through the website and other services you request;
- Improve our services and technology, including to improve our algorithms and user journey;
We may also aggregate or de-identify your personal information so that we can understand how our website and services are used generally, and the demographics of our users.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in certain circumstances, including the following:
- With service providers – We may share your information with vendors and contractors who need the information in order to perform services for us. These services may include operational and technical support, transaction processing, and data analytics. Generally, we take steps to require that our service providers use your personal information shared by us solely for the purposes of performing services for us, and not use the information outside of their business relationship with us, and that they maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of such information.
- As requested by you or with your consent – To the extent you affirmatively request or consent to our sharing of your information with one or more third parties, we will do so based on your request or consent.
- With our business partners – We may share your personal information with laboratories, genetics companies, medical records providers, and other companies with whom we’ve partnered to do business. In general, we share your data with these business partners in order to enhance the products and services that you have requested.
- With our entities that are affiliated with us – We may also share your personal information with entities that are affiliated with us, such as Kuya INC, Kuya Management Services LLC, and/or Kuya Medical PLLC. We do this so that we can help to provide you with a seamless customer service experience and take steps to ensure you receive well-rounded care.
- In a business transition – In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may disclose your personal information to the party or parties of such transaction.
- To protect our rights – We reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your personal information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Kuya, or another person.
- As required by law or in response to a legal process – We may disclose information about you to law enforcement or in response to a legal process if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, including for national security or law enforcement requirements. This also includes sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
In addition, we may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, and/or other lawful purposes.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are strictly necessary in order for you to use the services, load and view content, and access your account.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies help us remember you and personalize features and content for you on the services.
- Preference cookies – These cookies allow us to capture and store your information privacy-related preferences (e.g., your opt-in and opt-out), account settings, and certain login information.
- Advertising cookies – These cookies will display advertising on our website and on third-party websites. Some of these advertisements may be interest-based, meaning that they are tailored to your interests or behaviors on our website or on other websites.
To learn more about cookies and similar technologies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies. If you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You may also choose to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool.
Some web browsers incorporate a Do Not Track or DNT feature that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your activity tracked. Presently, many websites and mobile apps, including our website, do not respond to DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. As a result, we and third parties may track your online activities, including over time and across different sites and apps.
We retain personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, and/or reporting requirements, or as required or permitted by applicable law.
In some circumstances we may aggregate or de-identify your personal information (so that it can no longer be linked to or associated with you) for analytics, research, or other business purposes, in which case we may use and retain such information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We implement reasonable security measures and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the personal information we collect. However, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We recommend that you use caution when sharing your personal information with us electronically, especially if such information is sensitive or confidential.
Your Rights and Choices
- Opting out of marketing communications – To stop receiving marketing emails from us, please click the “unsubscribe” link included in such an email you already received from us and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Opting out of text messages – To stop receiving text messages from us, please text “STOP” in the text message chain.
Notice to International Users
Our online services are not intended for or directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, anyone under 13 years of age. Please do not use the services if you are under 13 years old.
Third Party Websites
Our website and related services may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Kuya. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. If you visit a third-party website, that third party’s privacy policies and other terms will apply to the personal information that third party collects.